Wondering what you can buy for a new mama friend this holiday season?
Have a new mama friend this holiday season? Here are my suggestions to help her transition into her role. Earlier this week I posted up my Joyful Motherhood E-Course – which of course makes a great new mama gift, but what else?
Here are some of my first suggestions:
- Take her to lunch or dinner OR better yet, make her dinner! (and if you can, make a second batch of something that’s freezable for another night)
- Just hold the baby. Yes. That is all. But for a new mama – it means the world! Let her sleep, shower or just chill out in another room to herself
- If she already has little ones at home, schedule a few playdates outside her home for them, or come take them off her hands for a few hours one afternoon so she can focus just on baby
- Get her grocery list and do her grocery shopping for the week (add a few fun treats to the list too! Everyone likes cookies!)
- A hug. A nice big one too! Plus, give her a sincere compliment. Hearing, “you are a really great mama” from someone you love is HUGE, especially when you might not be feeling that way and full of intense mama hormones.
Gift Guide for a New Mama
Here are some idea! Buy these gifts individually OR throw together in a gift basket (great to do as a group gift!).
3- Joyful Motherhood: 14-Week E-Course Series – Created by me! (Editor for Beautiful Births & Beyond)
4- Retreez Funny Mug – Hello My New Name is Mommy 11 Oz Ceramic Coffee Mugs – Funny, Sarcasm, Sarcastic, Motivational, Inspirational birthday gifts for mom, mum, mama, mother, friend, mother’s day gift
Happy Holiday Gift Buying!
Editor – Beautiful Births & Beyond